The Holiday Spirit store is formed each year for the holiday season only. Our goal is to enliven the community and give each of us an outlet for selling our products during one of the biggest buying seasons of the year.
The Holiday Spirit Store runs for the months of November and December only. There is one designated Manager – this year it’s Natasha Keller of One Swell Gal – and a group of support people called the Leadership Team. The Manager is paid a stipend as compensation for her efforts while the store is open and for the months leading up to the opening. The Leadership Team is compensated by either a reduced booth fee or reduced work hours.
Each member of the Holiday Spirit Store purchases a full share in order to participate. There may be a few spots available for first-time applicants to purchase half shares. The breakdown is as follows:
SIZE COST WORK HOURS
Full Share: approx. 8×6 $400 8-10 shifts over two months*
Half Share: approx. 4×2 $250 8-10 shifts over two months*
*number of shifts will depend on the amount of artists participating this year.
[Note: Half shares are intended to encourage new artists to join the Holiday Spirit Store, while affording them a lower cost/lower risk option to a full share.]
In exchange for a space in the store, each member is expected to:
- Return their application with payment by August 1st, 2010. Check should be made payable to the Holiday Spirit Store and given to Natasha Keller or mailed to her at 126 E. State St., Ithaca, NY 14850.
- Attend an orientation meeting soon before the store opens to help clean, learn how to use the cash register, and discuss relevant matters.
- Have their display set up in full the day before opening (November 4th).
- Work the required number of shifts.
- Be a positive presence in the store.
- Maintain a fully and attractively stocked display until the closing date.
- Help customers and tidy the displays of everyone in the store.
- Tear down their display immediately after the closing date.
- Help with maintenance of the space/clean up after space is vacated.
- Purchase liability insurance and list “Holiday Sprit Store” as additionally insured. Certificate must be provided by October 1st, 2010
If you have not been in the store before, please briefly describe your craft(s). Be specific:
If you have not been in the store before, please send five jpeg images to email@example.com. Describe your images below. If you have a website with up-to-date pictures of your work we will accept that in place of jpegs.
Display space and fees:
Please circle your choice.
SIZE FEE WORK HOURS
Full Share: approx. 8×6 $400 8 shifts over two months
Half Share: approx. 4×2 $250 8 shifts over two months
____I require wall space
____I require electricity
Special skills you can offer to the HSS:
I, the undersigned, have read and agree to the terms of the Holiday Spirit Store, as stated above. If accepted, I agree to pay all fees and work all hours required, and will do so with a positive attitude.
[All applicants will be notified of acceptance by September 1st]
___Completed pages 2 and 3 of the application, keeping page 1 for your records
___5 jpeg images (or website) sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
___$10 application fee (if you are a new applicant)
___$400 or $250 application fee (refundable if not accepted)